5 Essential Foods That Must Be Added In Your Diet To Keep Your Immunity Strong In Winters
Are you totally ready to face the winter season with all your warm clothes and blankets out there? The coldness in the air is growing day by day making it difficult to breathe. We should have to take extra care of our immuitty too. During witners many of us may get ill due to the lack of immunity. Therefore, it is also very important to strengthen our immunities during these times.
With the arrival of winters our food choices also changed. In place of juice & shakes we started to drink warm soups, coffees and herbal tees. Food that we get in winters are both tasty as well as healthy too. So, watch this list of winter foods that are delicious and healthy, both and can help you enhance your immunity –
Some Essential Foods You Must Eat During Winter Season
1. Sarson Ka Saag And Makki Ki Roti – For Indians, winter is the time to add Sarson ka saag and Makki ki roti in their regular diet. This healthy meal gives your body the warmth it requires during the winter season. This recipe is filled with powerful antioxidants like Vitamin C, A and K. It is beneficial mainly for the patients of heart disease and plays a very important role in boosting your immunity.
2. Nuts and Dry Fruits – Dry fruits like, almonds, walnuts and cashews make sure to keep your nervous system active and keep your heart and mind fit. Regularly consuming nuts keeps your body warm. This is because almonds are rich in Vitamin E, magnesium and antioxidants, while walnuts are a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids, consuming these helps to conrol lower bad cholesterol and manages blood sugar levels.
3. Masala Gur – Jaggery also know as gur is a winter essential food that we can’t get in enough quantity. Jaggery is high in antioxidants and minerals such as selenium and zinc. It helps boost your immunity. Masala gur is a special Gur or Jaggery you can use to enhance the taste of your everyday food.
4. Amla – Amla also known as gooseberry comes packed with immunity enhancing properties such as Vitamin C which helps in keeping the infections away from our body. You can take it in various forms such as murabba, candies, pickles, and chutneys together with your everyday food.
5. Root Vegetables – Nature has given us innumerous root vegetables such as sweet potatoes, yams, beets, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, turnips etc. All these are rich in antioxidants, Vitamins, potassium, fibres, manganese and beta carotene. We must add these vegetables to our regular diet to keep our selves healthy.